Thank you very much for reading these guidelines!
NelaDunato.com is the private property of Nela Dunato (myself), and I reserve the right to maintain this space in any way I wish. This means that “freedom of speech” or other typical excuses for abuse and nonsense do not apply to this space. I reserve the right to delete any comments and block any users who post comments that do not align with these guidelines. (These guidelines also apply to the social media accounts I run.)
The comments you post on the blog are visible to the public. If you wish to remain anonymous, you may use a pseudonym instead of your own name. Your email address is only visible to me—I do ask that you use a valid email address in order to participate in commenting. If you send me a private email, I may quote you on my blog or social media anonymously ie. without any identifying information, unless you explicitly permit that I mention your name.
To keep everyone's experience of this space pleasant, please adhere to the following:
- Refrain from posting any kind of abusive or offensive messages directed at myself, or any other person or group.
- Misogyny, sexism and white fragility are not welcome in any way, shape or form.
- Do not post information about other people that is not factually correct, or expose other people's personal information (including names, which are defined as personal information per GDPR).
- Do not post your own personal opinion as “scientific facts” if you cannot cite a source for these facts.
- Refrain from offering advice to me or other commenters, unless someone has specifically asked for advice.
- If you disagree with something I wrote, keep your reply civil and avoid condescending language. I am not looking for critique, so I am not obligated to provide a platform for it. You may publish your critique of my writing on your own blog or social media instead.
- You're allowed to ask for clarification, and I will do my best to answer if I think it will benefit other readers as well. I am not, however, required to explain or defend my opinions, so I may choose to not engage in a discussion. My writing is provided “as is”, and I do not owe any explanation beyond what is already written in the original text.
- This is a multi-cultural space, and people of different spiritual beliefs (or non-beliefs) are welcome here. I would be happiest if you kept religion out of your comments, but if you need to mention it, do it in a way that doesn't minimize the validity of other people's beliefs and experiences.
I may add new guidelines as I feel is necessary.
Comments on posts may be deleted or closed at any time, so if you want to retain your own writing, please save it to your computer. I am not required to archive any content on this website and I frequently delete my own articles and artwork.
Thanks again for reading, and I hope to see you in the blog comments!