As you may know, one of my favorite activities is drawing inside sketchbooks, and today I’m sharing another sketchbook flip video with you.
“Sketchbook West” is an art exhibition coming this February to Las Laguna Gallery, Laguna Beach CA (more info about the show here). The sketchbook above will be on view, along with many other sketchbooks and art by other artists.
I mentioned some tools in the video, and if you’re interested in trying them out yourself, here’s where you can find them online:
- Pentel Arts Pocket Brush Pen*
- Pentel Fude Brush Pen, Extra Fine*
- Sakura Pigma Micron 005 Ink Pen, 0.20mm, Black*
- Pilot Super Color White Marker Pen
- Pilot Super Grip 0.5mm Mechanical Pencil – Green*
- Schneider Paint Marker – Gold
- Uni-Ball Signo Gold 0.8mm*
- Staedtler Metallic Markers – Gold/Silver*
- Sakura Koi Watercolor Field Sketch Set (24 colors)*
- Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brushes*
(Note: Asterisk * marks affiliate links. If you purchase products via these links, I get a few “thank you” cents from Amazon. I only recommend products I’ve personally tested and loved.)
I picked out a few of my favorites from this sketchbook so you can get a slightly better look at them below.
Papercut and inked frame for a lady done with brush pen and fineliner.
Mandala doodle with a skull, drawn with a brush pen. I really like how it looks against the red couch backdrop.
Brush pen and watercolor. The black stains in the middle of the spread is ink that ran between the pages from the other spread I did afterwards.
The bottom spread is painted with ink and I doodled swirly things over it with a white marker, and in front of it is a papercut spread in the shape of a skull. I really like how this one turned out.
Mermaid peeking through a window, painted with brush pen and watercolor, plus a bit of white marker for the air bubbles. This is my favorite drawing from this sketchbook.
Portrait inspired by Art Nouveau, brush pen and golden paint marker.
Quick mermaid sketch with a brush pen on a light watercolor wash.
I hope you enjoyed taking a peek at my sketchbook!
Check out more of my sketchbook flip videos:
- Messy recycled mixed media sketchbook tour video
- Mixed media sketchbook tour 2016–2021
- 3 video sketchbook tour compilation: Watercolor & mixed media
- Sketchbook flip video #1
- Month Of Fairies sketchbook flip video
- Mind Patterns – The Sketchbook Project 2013
- Aqua Ladies sketching process video
About Nela Dunato
Artist, brand designer, teacher, and writer. Author of the book “The Human Centered Brand”. Owner of a boutique branding & design consultancy that helps experienced service-based businesses impress their dream clients.
On this blog I write about art, design, creativity, business, productivity and marketing, and share my creative process and tips. Read more about me...
Some blog articles contain affiliate links to products on Amazon. I’ll get paid a few cents if you buy something using my link, and there’s no extra charge to you.