Congratulations! You’re in the final stage of your brand evolution, where things are already working well, and you’re ready to show the world how awesome your business is.
You’ve got all your ducks in a row: you have an eye-catching and versatile logo, your website looks great and converts clients like a well oiled machine, and every step in your client journey is meticulously crafted and oozes trustworthiness and professionalism.
Now it’s time to get more people to see the results of your hard work.
It’s time to raise your visibility and impact.
Who are the renowned experts in your field? What’s stopping you from reaching that status? There could be several things at work:
- They have a huge advertising budget.
- They’re showing up at (or sponsoring) important industry events.
- They have a network of powerful and influential business partners.
- They’re getting a lot of attention from press.
- They’re publishing their own media (videos, books, podcasts…).
Identify what you can do to become a trailblazer in your niche. Here are a few ideas to start with:
- Pitch your talks to important industry events.
- Create a project that has an impact on your wider community, and run a PR campaign to get in the newspaper and TV.
- Politely ask people to introduce you to their high-profile business partners.
- Hang out in places where influencers in your industry show up (not necessarily in a business capacity – leisure works as well).
- Cut out all marketing activities that aren’t giving you the results you want – focus on fewer things that are more effective.
- Consider creating a media outlet to spread your message, like a book, an event, an online video series, a podcast, etc.
What to read next
Here are some articles and resources I recommend to you in your current stage:
- Do I need to register a trademark for my logo and business name?
- The Free Authentic Promotion Guidebook
- Marketing is an art form: Creative rebel’s guide to self-promotion
- How to make an impression at a big in-person event
- The hidden blocks of business growth (it’s not your mindset)
- 9 marketing lessons from a “natural” marketer
- It’s all about who you know
- My journey of self-publishing a non-fiction book, part 1: Motivation, planning & writing
- Rebranding 101: Why & how to update your existing brand
- How to reduce communication overwhelm in your service business
Share your result!
I’m in Stage 3: The Butterfly. What stage is your brand in? Take this quiz to find out: http://neladunato.com.hr/branding-quiz/
(You can change the message text before you post.)